Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year! New You?

We are six days into the New Year. 2K11 is here!  As usual when a New Year is upon us everyone makes New Year resolutions.  The most common ones are “I’m going to lose weight”, “I’m going to go back to school”, “I’m going to focus more of my time on me”, “I’m going to do all the things people said I couldn’t”, etc etc etc etc ! But probably the most popular of them all hands down is “I’m going to be a new me in the New Year”. The problem I have with people making New Year resolutions is that 90% of them don’t follow through with it.  They’re just blowing hot air & saying what sounds good. Actions speak louder than words so I don’t say much.  I always like to keep it simple. I thank God for bringing me through another year, my health & strength & thankful for my family & friends. When the New Year is on the horizon we all view it as a new beginning, a fresh start. But when you think about it, we get that opportunity everyday we’re able to open our eyes. For every new day is a new start, I never make resolutions. All I want is to continue to grow, become the best me possible day by day & for God to continue to guide my footsteps & direct my path. When you are a “new you” that means the “old you” has died & it’s impossible to go back to something once it’s dead. Think about, when a loved one dies you’re not able to go see them & talk them again. When you graduate high school or college, you can’t go back & do it all over again. When you break your phone & it will no longer turn on, you have to go & buy a new one. In declaring a “new you” there should no longer be old habits & ways occurring. You shouldn’t have the same mentality that you had last year. You shouldn’t dwell on the same problems & drama you had last year or previous years.  You shouldn’t be continuously wasting time & your life because neither is promised. Don’t allow your PAST to overtake your NOW! With a “new you” should bring a new outlook. YOU CAN’T GROW INTO YOUR FURTURE IF YOU’RE STILL STUMPED IN YOUR PAST.   It’s called MOVING FORWARD & LETTING GO! Now in the process of becoming a “new you”/ better you, you may lose some friends along the way. You won’t be as tight & cool with people as you once was. This is expected. Not everybody is going to be ready to change nor like change. Some are going to see nothing wrong with the way things are now. They may even look at you funny & talk about you because you switching up. Let them. You can’t concern, worry yourself nor try to convince them to do better. Don’t hold yourself back by trying to hold up someone else that isn’t willing to do it for themselves. Carry what you have to! Let go of what you don’t. Your time is NOW! Think on this, Yesterday is in your rear view mirror, Today is in your front & Tomorrow is your blind spot that’s why it isn’t promised. Go do you! The NEW YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment