Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Just because" kind of LOVE !

    Valentine’s Day was this past Monday & as always people were extra hyped, lovey dovey & excited all in the spirit of LOVE! From Twitter to Facebook people were posting pictures of the gifts they received & expressing the love they feel & have for their significant other.  There’s nothing wrong with getting “extra” love on Valentine’s Day but it got me thinking; why should Valentine’s Day be such an extra special day for love? Yes it’s sweet & nice to get roses, flowers, cards & chocolates from the one you love on Valentine’s Day but why can’t that be done a regular day? I think the “Just because” days are more romantic & meaningful than getting something that’s expected on a holiday. 
    The “Just because” days are the days your man or woman does something sweet & special for you simply because they wanted to & without expecting something in return like sex. It’s nice to get roses on a Tuesday just because, go home after you had the WORST day imaginable & your significant other without having any knowledge of how your day was has cooked you the most amazing dinner & prepared a bubble bath for you to enjoy afterwards just because or your significant other puts together a scavenger hunt for you to follow that leads to a magnificent surprise just because. I’m a big optimist so I refuse to believe that people like this, love like this doesn’t exist.  I want a “Just because” man because I’m a “Just because” woman. It goes both ways. I wouldn’t ask nor want anything out of a man that I could not offer him in return.
    I feel the “Just because” days keep the relationship romantic, exciting & fresh. People get so comfortable with “the usual” of their lives & day to day routines that can cause their relationship to become boring & possibly end in a breakup.  A friend of mine said on Facebook the other day “If you only get special attention, love & affection on Valentine’s Day then you obviously don’t know your worth.”  I couldn’t agree more.  You should know your worth & what you deserve & be with someone who sees & knows it as well.  Love is only a word that means nothing if it isn’t felt, shown, appreciated & above all REAL! Don’t let it be only on holidays you show & give your significant other love, do it every day “Just because”.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! I want a just because man too! Don't none live where I'm at though :( but I won't give up on love. The one for me is out there, somewhere

    ReplyDelete